- The bandanna size depends on your dog’s neck and collar size. For example, if your dog’s neck measures 12 inches, cut a 12- by 12-inch square
- With the wrong side of the fabric facing you, turn two opposite corners 2½ inches, with the pointed end of the corner facing the center. Then press with your iron.
- Fold the square with the right sides together, matching the two unfolded corners, and pin in place.
- Starting just below a folded edge, sew one side of the bandanna using a ¼-inch seam. Repeat on the other side.
- Turn the bandanna right side out, using one of the openings. Use a pencil or chopstick to flatten out the side seams and the bottom, then press with your iron.
- For the pocket the collar will go through: Lay your dog’s collar over the top of the bandanna where the openings are. Include the clasps, so the whole collar can slide through. Use a water soluble-pen to draw a line just under the collar — this will give you a guide to sew a straight line for the pocket. Sew across the marked line, then use a damp cloth to remove the mark.
- Slide the collar through the bandanna, and you’re done!
What You’ll Need:
- Sewing machine
- Cotton fabric
- Coordinating thread
- Water-soluble marking pen