These are great because you can literally put anything (dog friendly, of course) into this convenient and delectable package. People food, dog food — anything is fair game with these dog-friendly burritos. Here are some basic ideas to get you started, but have fun with this! You and your dog will enjoy the creative process.
What you’ll need to make dog-friendly burritos:
- 1 flour tortilla. I like the mini ones, but you can also make larger ones and cut them into appropriately sized slices for your dog.
- Plain, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Dog-friendly steamed veggies (carrots, peas, potatoes, green beans, squash — to name a few)
- Dog-friendly raw veggies
- Peanut butter (no sugar added)
- Favorite kibble
Directions for dog-friendly burritos
- Lay out the tortilla.
- Fill with doggie delights.
- Roll the burrito.
- Put peanut butter on edge of the tortilla to help it stay together. You can also put some inside your tortilla to help keep things from sliding out.
Thumbnail: Photography by Samantha Meyers.
Editor’s note: This article appeared in Dogster magazine. Have you seen the new Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? Subscribe now to get Dogster magazine delivered straight to you!
Sam is a dog lover, writer, baker, crafter and Instagrammer. When she’s not writing, she’s decorating cookies at her blog SugaredAndIced.com or Instagramming her dogs @FrenchHuggs_ and @Quinnstadoodle.
Find more dog-friendly recipes on Dogster.com:
1 thought on “Recipe: Dog-Friendly Burritos”
Pingback: Recipe: Dog-Friendly Burritos – dogcaz.com