Reports are flooding the Internet about a dog who died shortly after competing at the Crufts dog show in England. The three-year-old Irish Setter named Thendara Satisfaction (also called Jagger) collapsed after returning to his home in Belgium on Friday. Jagger had taken second in his class at the Birmingham event.
Co-owner and breeder Dee Millington-Bott said that Jagger started having trouble breathing at home and died before a veterinarian could arrive. When the vet arrived, he did an autopsy and found cubes of beef inside Jagger’s stomach that contained two to three kinds of poison. The cubes had been deliberately stitched together to hold the poison inside.
Today, Millington-Bott announced Jagger’s death in a Facebook post, saying:
This is NOT what I Should be posting.
THENDARA SATISFACTION. JAGGER OWNED BY ALEKS & WIM LAUWERS & JEREMY & I IS DEAD.
AN AUTOPSY HAS REVEALED HE WAS POISONED
A LARGE AMOUNT OF BEEF CUBED, STUFFED WITH 2-3 DIFFERENT POISONS WAS STITCHED INTO THE MEAT.
THIS RESULTED IN A VERY PAINFUL DEATH FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL BOY.
THE TIMINGS FROM THE AUTOPSY MAKE IT CLEAR THE ONLY PLACE THIS COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO JAGGER WAS WHILE ON HIS BENCH AT CRUFTS.
THE POLICE HAVE BEEN INFORMED.
I beg of you if anyone can remember seeing anything suspicious please LET ME KNOW.
Please do not contact Aleks she needs to grieve in peace.
In case this was not a personal attack on our kennel For those of you attending Crufts today, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR DOGS UNATTENDED.
So far, there are no suspects in the poisoning case. “I think and hope it was a random act by someone who hates dogs, an opportunist,” Millington-Bott told the BBC. “We’ve had support from fellow competitors from all over the world. These are people I compete against, and many of them have been in tears.”
We’ll continue to update as more facts become available. Police are investigating, and a full toxicology report is expected next week.
Via Dee Millington-Bott’s Facebook page, BBC, and CNN
Read more dog news on Dogster: