World, I don’t get you.
When YouTube released its list of the 10 most-watched videos of 2011, two pet clips made the cut: “Cat Mom Hugs Baby Kitten” and “Ultimate Dog Tease.”
Not a single whisker — in a starring role, anyway — graces YouTube’s top 10 list of 2012. I can understand the more than one billion views of “Gangnam Style,” but you couldn’t click on a dog or cat video instead of watching “Call Me Maybe” for the 55 millionth time?
In response to what I hope doesn’t become a trend, I present my 10 favorite dog videos of this year. Let’s get back on track, world.
1. “Puppy Steals Food When Dog Isn’t Looking” by Petsami
I can’t believe the pet parent aids and abets! Poor Dash.
2. “Dex’s Day Off with Nick Wheeler From The All-American Rejects” by Petfinder
So sweet. So hilarious. “I hate this hippie soap. It stinks,” Dex says, adding, “Daddy, you’re makin’ me smell like Burning Man!” Read the Dogster interview with Wheeler for more “awwww” moments.
3. “Double Dutch Dog Blows Your Mind” by flydog102
Oh, to have this kind of coordination. Learn more about Geronimo’s training.
4. “Tret – Super Dog” by 3FishMan
Tret does doggie parkour, and it’s amazing.
5. “Dog Flip” by 2xfantasychamp
Between the licky sounds and the flying feet, I just can’t take the cuteness!
6. “Gotye Dog Parody – Somebody That I Used To Know” by ThePetCollective
My favorite parody of the much-parodied original. Dogster writer Liz Acosta even wrote lyrics for this version.
7. “Banthapug” by StarWarsChick01
Banthapug! Need I say more? See Chubbs as a wampug, too.
8. “Magpie’s Story – Law of the Paw” by AmericanHumaneSociety
This video tells story of one homeless dog’s journey to a furever home, from her perspective. So touching. We wrote about this one back in May.
9. “Bentley the Bulldog Puppy Is Fussy” by Gabe Barham
Fussy = adorable.
10. “Dog Rescue in Central California (Gaia, Sydney, Matilda, and Gabriella)” by eldad75
A list of favorite dog videos from me wouldn’t be complete without an entry from dog-rescuer Eldad Hagar. Have a tissue handy because it’s a tearjerker. It does have a happy ending, though.
Let’s hear from you, readers. What are your favorite dog videos from 2012?